Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing # 22 Nings

If I had time, I could quickly become addicted to Nings. I registered for both the Teacher Librarian and Texas School Librarian Ning. I joined 3 groups in the first Ning and was ready to join groups in the Texas Ning when I discovered they only had 3 groups and none of them pertained to me. They also didn't look very recently active. No matter, I felt bold. I decided to start a group because clearly they need a group for elementary librarians. The group starter menu insisted I upload an image. I thought that was odd since the 3 existing groups all had the same generic graphic, but I tried to put my little sticky note picture into the system. Sadly, I broke the Ning. I received an error message, and then the web page expired. I went back in. No group. I left a comment for the Ning creator explaining that I was the new member creating the havoc. Perhaps I will limit myself to the Teacher Librarain Ning after all... They really have great discussion and resources at both locations. Again I saw Doug Valentine, AKA Dr. Loopy, and his videos that I mentioned from TeacherTube. He's got a Dr. Seuss show on the Texas Ning that I can't wait to share with fourth grade writers and with everyone around Read Across America time. He cracks me up. I can see how Nings can be the teacher equivalent of My Space or Facebook. Agrab.

1 comment:

Doctor Loopy's House of Fun said...

Thanks for the mentions of my videos. I hope to put out some new material over the next year. Stay on the lookout and best of luck with your school year!
Doug (Dr. Loopy)