Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing # 2 Hard!

Was there any doubt? Definitely the most challenging lifelong learning habit for me is the sixth, calling for using technology to my advantage. Technology should make life easier if it wasn't so intimidatingly used by early adopters who gleefully show off in front of this old dog. I think there are many people who delight in making me feel clueless and blonde. It's certainly not a condition about which I care to open up my mouth and clarify my shortcomings. Typically I do very nicely as a technology avoider, or late adopter. I really need a comfort zone to allow myself the right teacher and learning environment to stick my neck out and find out what I need to know. I have high hopes that these 23 things will be empowering!
Agrab.

2 comments:

DAL said...

I understand the technology avoiding. Although I don't avoid it, with so many options available, it is hard for me to focus on a particular aspect of technology use. It always seems that while I am trying to grasp one skill, another one is thrown at me, and I end up a jack of all trades, master of none. I am trying my best to avoid overload during these 23 Things. I have high hopes as well.

Alice Grabowski said...

Thank you for responding to my post. I must say I was startled that anyone noticed I was doing this. I've gotten all the way up to thing 12 now and learned that I really should have not been so comotose when I read your contribution. I hope you are finding success also. Agrab.