Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing # 6 Mashups

I sure did see a lot of other librarian trading cards on Flickr when I was browsing! Do librarians actually exchange these instead of business cards when they attend conventions? That would be hilarious! It would be nice if we could make author trading cards. Perhaps when there are author visits to the school a small collection could be started. There were other toys that looked like fun I might like to go back and try if time permits. The variety is astounding. And I am always impressed with the creative names that technology people create for things. We couldn't call this one "combinations" so people that are uninformed might be able to guess what we are talking about. We have to call it "mashups" so they have absolutely no idea what is going on and feel totally illiterate about how to be cool. Sometimes it seems cruel.
Agrab.

3 comments:

Let's Keep Reading said...

I don't know about librarians trading the cards with other librarians but I think it would be a great where to introduce students to the librarian at the beginning of the school year. Author trading cards would be cool.

Technochallenged-Michelle said...

I loved the librarian trading cards, too. I saw a really clever one posted by someone on 23Things called Harajuko Librarian. Love your bloggername, it would be great on your trading card, what do you think?

Alice Grabowski said...

You think I should have made the trading card be Alice in Bloggerland? I guess that would have worked. Since I used the Flickr photo that had that title I decided that was the name of the trading card too. I haven't used a real photo yet. Who has time for photos, when I'm stuck at the computer 23 hours a day? Agrab.