Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing # 7 Google Tools

Choose two. I think I got carried away in my exploration. Even simple things like Advanced Search I had used before and had honed with keywords, limiting dates, and/or, etc., but the simple idea of only looking for PowerPoint presentations was a new angle. I found some great shows that can help with another project. Similarly, by finally signing up for a gmail account, I got into Google Docs and I see how that can be THE way to work on projects with colleagues who are not nearby. I signed up for one daily alert for starters, I'm not really sure if I will like that or just feel like it is clutter. I added a google homepage to my my laptop, and now I can still toggle back to Yahoo. I would like to gadget it up with quotes and photos of the day, maybe the countdown, but I feel the countdown is ticking to 23...
Agrab.

2 comments:

Jane said...

As you get further into the 23 Things, you will find it will suck you in and you will want to play more and more. I was very surprised when all of a sudden I was finished. Now I want more! I love your Mashup and polar bear pic!

Ann Williams said...

Your website and pictures are lots of fun to look at. I missed the cards on flick.r--there is so much there I guess I got overwhelmed. Enjoy the rest of the things--I have found this so much fun this summer.