Sunday, July 27, 2008

# 11 LibraryThing

I thought this was exciting. I think I would like to introduce all the members of my teacher book club to this. I think it would help us when we are stuck for ideas for what to read next. I was startled at all the different groups. I would love to get in on the group that gets the early looks at books. I would like to be in a splinter group that previews children's picture books. I especially liked the local events section that showed the libraries and bookstores within a chosen mile radius. My titles are mixed between picture books, fiction, and one short text book.
Agrab.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Alice,
I really liked the Library Thing tool as well. I posted that I wish I had this tool about 15 years ago when my classroom library was growing rapidly and I couldn't remember what books I had at book fairs or stores and saw something I wanted.
(I tried to include a link to my blogsite, but it wouldn't accept it, so I'm going to have to read that part again. Maybe I copied something wrong.)
I like how the book covers can show as well. I didn't think to add a picture of some of my books to my blog. I may try that tomorrow.
Thanks,
Terri (also known as memorykeepermom)

BJ said...

I see that you are an Evanovich fan as well. The Stephanie Plum novels are the funniest books I have ever read. I laugh out loud when I read them. These are not children's books on any level, but they sure are fun reads for adults. I think we need to take time to read something besides children's books and young adult novels. It is nice to share an adult topic for a change--just for fun. Some of your other books look interesting. I may have to check out the ones I have not read since I know you must have great taste. By the way, I love your blog title.

Anonymous said...

Alice,
Your post got me thinking. I wonder how students would enjoy LibraryThing. I thought it was a great tool for my colleagues and myself. I am going to introduce it to some of my students and see what they think.
J9