Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing # 14 Technorati & How Tags Work

I must have been more successful back in thing # 9 than I realized, because when I clicked into Technorati today the blog I tried to sign up for RSS feed last week was waiting for me. Technorati is only blogs, while the RSS could be blogs or news. Maybe I'm starting to connect the dots. I still expected Technorati to come to me like RSS does, but maybe that's not right. I did the different versions of the searches, and got the fewest results from the tags only. I liked looking at the Top 100 lists in the 2 versions, popular and authority. The world's most popular blog? Wow. I'm so unpopular, but I claimed my blog anyway. I saw no need for another widget in my life though. I must learn to ping! Agrab.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I found you in Technorati tonight and I think I marked you as a favorite, and now we can see if that changes your rank or authority. I think I also claimed my blog, but I didn't see my blog when I did my search and my link in my post doesn't look like yours. I wonder if that's page design differences or what?
Thanks for your informatinal post!
Terri